Chase Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Ultimate Reward Points (~$1,500) and $300 Annual Travel Credit
Chase just came out with the Chase Sapphire Reserve, a new credit card that is easily the best credit card for travel and honeymoon planning. See below for the large signup bonus details and perks of having the credit card.
Chase Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Points Signup Bonus
- 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points signup bonus after spending $4,000 within 3 months
- $300 annual travel credit automatically reimbursed onto your credit card for travel purchases
- 3 points per $ spend on travel and dining, 1 point per $ spent on all other purchases
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- Complimentary Priority Pass Select membership for access to 900+ airport lounges worldwide
- No foreign transaction fees
- $450 annual fee not waived the first year
The Main Point
The main benefit of the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card is the large 100,000 points credit card signup bonus. You can transfer these points to airline miles and hotel points. You can also use these points to book travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, and the 100,000 points will be worth $1,500. On top of that, the Chase Sapphire Reserve card comes with a $300 annual travel credit. This travel credit is per calendar year so you can use the $300 travel credit before December 31st then use $300 again on January 1st.
The $450 annual fee is really high but if you open the card before the end of the year, you can use the $300 travel credit twice before the annual fee is due again essentially coming out ahead $150 if you choose to cancel the card after the first year. Other perks of the card include an up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck as well as complimentary Priority Pass Select membership for lounge access. I highly recommend the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card if you see yourself spending $4,000 within the next 3 months for your wedding and honeymoon expenses.
Disclaimer: I receive referral credit for some of the links above if you sign up through them, which I appreciate
« Barclays US Airways Credit Card Increases Bonus to 50,000 Miles